Friday, September 12, 2008

The Cubby Chronicles XXXIX


Note: Jacob Raymond Walker was born 12 weeks prematurely at Duke University Hospital the morning of Monday, May 19 2008. The following are updates, notes, & observations on his growth & development.

Its been a tough week for me as I'm away from home for the first time since Jake's been out of the hospital. Of course that's easy to say considering I left Kristin alone with the Cubby for the week while I've temporarily returned to the land of uninterrupted sleep.

I left on Monday morning & hopefully I start heading back towards home around 12 hours from now. Even though I expected to miss him dearly I'm still surprised how often I think about the little guy or flip through his pictures on my phone. It'll be great to see him & K again but I'll have to share--his aunt Jennifer is flying into town for the weekend to check him out for the first time out of the hospital
.

Which isn't to say that he doesn't return from time to time. Kristin & Jake made a trip back to Duke for a visit to his kidney doctors yesterday. In short, they were pleased with his blood pressure & even took him off of his diuretics. He goes back in a month for another check & they still believe he'll grow out of the high blood pressure. By the way, Jake is now over the 7 pound mark; pretty exciting stuff....

Of course while the week has been challenging for the family its meant good things for the blog. This post is the second entry of the week; a feat unheard of around here for quite awhile. Not to mention the previous post included video with the regular photos which was a first. Speaking of pictures, I like to call this series "Snooze Buddies:"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could he be any sweeter?! Lily and I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.

Love,
Kathryn