Thursday, August 27, 2009
Homecoming
Jake came home a little over a year ago, and I think that even though we try, we don't always appreciate it as much as we should. I frequent a chatboard for preemie parents and just last weekend one of the moms who posts there lost one of her triplets to NEC - a truly wretched disease. (You may recall that Jake had two scares where the doctors thought he might have NEC but luckily he never contracted it.) The triplets were 25 week preemies who were all doing amazingly well - the one who died had actually recently started breathing on her own and seemed to be perhaps the strongest of the three. If you would like to read their story, you can find their blog here. My heart just aches for these parents and all the other preemie parents who don't get to bring their little ones home. We will probably never know why Jake was premature, and we'll certainly never know why he survived when other preemies don't.
So tonight I held Jake a little closer and I'm grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just read that family's blog. What an amazingly strong, loving family they are. Of course I have spent the last hour bawling for them and their baby girl and wishing I could hug Jakey, too. Somehow I felt closer to them since they have a Lily, too. I will be praying for Charlie and Lily every day. Poor precious Annaleigh who had just started breathing on her own....
Post a Comment