Okay, so we've been "those crazy parents" with regards to preemie things (hand sanitizer anyone?) for a long time, but we really jumped off the cliff into crazy parent land when we decided the best way to get home for Christmas in the Midwest was to get up at 3:00 a.m. and leave under the cover of darkness. Amazingly enough, those crazy parents know something and this strategy worked really well for us. Jake handled the 12-hour car ride like the trooper he is and we got to Indiana while it was still daylight.Jake had a great time with his cousin Lily, Aunt Kathryn, Gamma B, and Papaw George, but his heart belonged to Bailey the dog.
"Let me show you how to open that Papaw"
"Let US show you how to open that Papaw"
"Who is this dog?"
"I like the Colts too, Papaw!"
"I love this rocking horse that was Gammy B's when she was little"
"This dog is fun!"

"Oh, so that's how you climb up and down the stairs super fast"

"I really love this dog"

"Play us another one Gammy B!"

"I really, really love this dog"

"Oh, so that's how you climb up and down the stairs super fast"

"I really love this dog"
"Play us another one Gammy B!"
"I really, really love this dog"
We also got to see my good friend Amy and her son Elliott while we were in Indy. It was great to catch up and for Jake to have another little playmate. Elliott was born right around when Jake was due, so they are pretty close in age.
Jake wonders how Elliott got all that hair...
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
After the fun of Indiana, we headed up to Michigan for more fun! Pictures and videos coming soon!
2 comments:
that is a great idea! i'd actually never though of leaving at that time. (though it seems obvious in retrospect.) glad it worked for you guys!
he's so cute!
I LOVE Cubby's PJs... SO cute.
Post a Comment