October was a pretty busy month as we got ready for Baby Girl to come, Jeff and Jake took their first guys' trip, and we took part in a lot of the fun things that seem to pop up around town before Halloween.
Here's a video of Jake with the ladies at dance class. He usually takes gymnastics, but he had some makeups to do so we gave dance a try.
That's a lot of bubbles!
Jeff and Jake took off for Colorado in early October to go to cousin Cassie's wedding. I got some nice quiet alone time at home! Jeff went minimalist on the trip, so I don't have many pictures to share! I hear the wedding was beautiful, and Jake still talks about Cassie's pretty dress and all the fun he had that weekend with Pop-pop, Gammy Jan, Aunt Shanda, MacKenzie, Aunt Georgia, and Uncle Denny. And of course, cousin Todd. We miss them all!!
The Durant Halloween Nature Trail was very cool and I predict it becomes an annual tradition.
Hay ride (and the terrible fake smile)
Artsy...
Making pipe cleaner spiders...
Jake finally decided on the clown costume for Halloween; he thought about being a pumpkin, a dog, a bear (again), and a deer. This is the same costume I wore 31 years ago that my mom made. Sweet Chloe is so good with Jake, even as she shows her age...
We also went back to Hill Ridge Farms ("the pumpkin patch" as Jake calls it). He LOVED the new inflatable pillow. A bounce house without walls or a ceiling. Very cool.
He's growing!
Giant slide was a hit (at least with Jake - apparently it's corrugated on the inside too - fun for Dad!)
Jake was a model at the March of Dimes' Precious Preemies Fashion Show at Saks. He was not so into it at the time, but then told Dad "That was fun! That was fun" when he got back to the dressing room. However, he just now told Gramma B "it wasn't very fun and that's why I didn't like that." Maybe he won't be following in Aunt Jen's footsteps.
In his green room. :)
Ready to go!


No comments:
Post a Comment