Three and a half years old!
One Month!
I've read a fair amount about parents worried about comparing their kids. I think it's inevitable and unavoidable, and I think it's fine - as long as you aren't trying to make one out to be "better" or "worse" than the other. For us, the size comparisons are, not surprisingly, the ones that come up most. And then we also compare how "easy" it is to have a full-term infant vs. a preemie. (Not that I'm saying full-term infants are easy!) I used to think that having a full-term infant first would have made the preemie experience a lot easier. I now fully believe that the opposite is true. With Jake, Jeff and I only had a vague notion of what "normal" was; we didn't really know what all was different. Now that we've had a full-term baby, we fully understand how coming home on six different medicines (all on their own schedules), needing to feed every 3 hours and then be held up for 15 minutes for reflux, going to multiple doctor's appointments in one month, and all the other things we did with Jake were different. And we realize all over again how hard they were and that we all made it through and are so grateful to be where we are now.Finally, a little headshot of Elizabeth after a bath. She's normally very smiley, but I was mostly trying to capture the hair - it's so curly when it's wet!
No comments:
Post a Comment