Saturday, September 8, 2012

He Came Home! 2012 edition


Every year we celebrate Jake's coming home from the NICU - August 13.   This year, Jeff had to travel for work but I took the day off.  I decided Jake was old enough to pick (from a few options) what he wanted to do for his special day.  He chose going for a hike and seeing a movie - his first one in a theater.  Here's the day in pictures and video:

Umstead State Park (same place where we had Jake's first birthday party)
 
You may be wondering why I let him in the water with his clothes on...

 Me too. The shirt did not stay dry for long.
 Every good hike has snacks.


3-D glasses on, ready for Polar Bears!



Picked up sister and headed to the park.  For the record, he wanted his sister to join us for everything, but I decided that was too much work - an extra 16 pounds for the hike! - and probably not the best to take a 9-month old to a movie.  Maybe next year...

 
Welcome home sweet boy!! 87 days in the NICU and we could not dream of a better outcome...

No comments: