Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Cubby Chronicles XXXII

Note: Jacob Raymond Walker was born 12 weeks prematurely at Duke University Hospital the morning of Monday, May 19 2008. The following are updates, notes, & observations on his growth & development.

NOTE: The following is an experiment in mobile blogging. This post may (will) change after you've read it.

UPDATE: Well, I'm not sure that mobile blogging is quite ready for prime time. Originally the post didn't have any formatting, I couldn't include links, & the picture didn't come through. Now of course that's all taken care of. Also, since this was such a short post (hey, you try typing these things out on a phone) we've also included an extra picture. I know, I know, you're welcome....

We're sitting here in the hospital with the little guy and since Kristin is holding him I've got idle hands. My buddy Ben (who really was ahead of the curve on this blogging thing) told me I could post from the iPhone & of course I have to try it.

Jake's doing really well overall and is now officially 4 & a half pounds.
He's taking some food by bottle or by Kristin every other feed or 4 times a day. He's still a little scattershot with them & sometimes he takes up to half of his volume but usually it's more like 1/3. The nurses & doctors say one day it'll just click & he'll be taking everything by mouth.

Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later so we can get the little man home. In other news his nursery is really coming together. We bought a glider that is almost lime green. It was on clearance so we got a good deal (what a surprise) & I was initially unsure about the color but it blends in perfectly with his beach themed room. We can't wait to break it in with him....



2 comments:

ben said...

this is the start of big things for the blog. now just get jake home so you guys can stop using so much gas! hope to see you guys soon.

Anonymous said...

I swear he is smiling in this picture. I know that isn't possible at this early stage in infancy, but perhaps that is just how excited he is at the prospect of being rocked in his new lime green glider!