
I'm sitting here in our room typing this out on a laptop while Kristin is napping. Thanks to our buddies Steph & Nate we have a MacBook for the weekend to post updates on the blog. I think they're covertly trying to convert us over to the apple side of things but its helpful nonetheless (though I can't figure how to delete things forwards as opposed to backspacing).
The bottom line is we're still stable & looking good. We've reached a couple of goals recently including the Cubby not sharing my mom's birthday (5/8--happy birthday mom!) & making it past the 4 days/96 hour mark since Kristin's water broke. The best way for us to wrap our heads around this whole thing is to take it one step at a time & focus on what we think of as reachable milestones. We don't really have anything specific for Saturday other than 'make it to the weekend' but that'll do for now.
Strange as it sounds we're adjusting pretty well to the routine of hospital life. Some of you think that we'd be bored out of our minds by now but actually our days seem quite full even if they only are made up of small events. The nurses come in every 4 hours, 3 meals are brought every day (& she gets to plan her next day's meals) and we always have some other obligation. Yesterday it was having an echo cardiogram to make sure the Cubby's heart looked good (thankfully it did). However, it was almost a 3 hour ordeal though Kristin got to go in a wheelchair & saw something other than the view from the bed.
We hope to be comfortable here because we'd like to stay awhile. We've received some questions regarding when Kristin might be allowed to leave the hospital but just to be clear we're essentially here until the baby arrives, one way or another. That could be today, it could be in July and its just a waiting game. What keeps us (& me especially) on edge is that labor could start at any moment. A good friend of mine at work was in a similar situation recently & she told me the first week in the hospital is the hardest. Its certainly been a roller coaster so far but we're not ready to get off yet. So our intention is to make it through a few weeks but while that's the overall goal we try to focus on each day. Thanks again for everyone's thoughts, prayers, & encouragement.....
5 comments:
Good news Jeff. The report finally came thru. Love you both.
Hey Jeff and K - I'm glad to read that you're remaining so positive. I hear you on the hospital experience. When I had Evelyn in November the nurses were so great to us and the food was really good too (they had veggie burgers!). I actually felt a little sad when I had to check out because I had been surrounded by such friendly and positive people. I know that you'll have your rough moments for sure, but by remaining positive you'll get through (all 3 of you!). I am praying for you all.
Jeff and Kristin, We're so glad to hear you made it through 4 days and are getting settled into a routine...hopefully for a good long while. Our motto was always one day at time b/c every day counts! Sending good thoughts your way, Amy, Joe and Matthew LaHait
Hey Kristin!
Take care of yourself. We miss you around the office, but we'll keep you informed of the fit club results (that should be a sliver of entertainment for you).
If you guys need any help, let me know.
O...and to backspace on a Mac, it's Fn plus the Delete key. I think. It's tough not having one in front of me.
Take care!
Brian (Slivka)
Well, if you have to be there until the baby is born, here's to hoping for a long hospital stay.
Take care.
Post a Comment