With help from Jen, pictures of Jake are now uploaded to Costco.com for everyone's viewing pleasure. They are raw and uncut and without captions (we couldn't even find time to upload them, so captions will have to wait!) As I looked through them, I realized that some of the images are going to seem really strange and maybe even disturbing if you haven't seen a preemie in a NICU before. Sorry about that! But trust us, it's all standard procedure and he's doing well. I emailed the link to everyone's email address I had stored at costco.com. I'll also post the link here, but I'm not sure that will work. If it doesn't work, send us an email and we can email you the link to view the photos.
We've had true roller coaster days the past few days, but the positive news tonight is that Jake is doing well again. Much to Jeff's relief (and mine of course, but Jeff was particularly worried), is that his head ultrasound came back and showed no bleeding on the brain (also known as IVH - intraventricular hemorrhage). This is truly great news, as IVH can lead to cerebral palsy and other things.
As always, thanks to everyone for your positive thoughts and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are blessed with a beautiful baby. I had explained some trials and tribulations I have gone through with my child. Now my child is 13 years old and doing great and sassy as ever!!! I can honestly say I would not change a thing. My husband and I have both said Matthew has given us the ability to look at life with a more precious scope and not take anything for granted. We now truly understand the complexity of the world around us and can appreciate it. Aren't human beings the bomb!! ;)
God bless you Jake we know you will be running faster than mommy and daddy can keep up with you in the future!!
Diana
Post a Comment